6 medium sized gold beets
2 medium sized chioggia beets
1 fennel bulb
8 cara cara oranges (or mixed it up with regular “boring” oranges or use blood oranges,mandarins, whatever feels good..)
1 bunch mint, minced
1 bunch Italian parsley, rough chop
⅓ cup olive oil
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp cracked pepper
- Boil a large pot of water and put whole beets in, if large size variations, cut to about equal size. Boil for 20-30 mins. When fork tender, transfer to ice bath and beets will peel easily by hand.
- Slice beets into bite sized pieces.
- Cut fennel into thin slices
- Supreme oranges.. Ok. don’t panic. This isn’t that hard… Just skin the orange with a sharp knife removing the peel and the pith (the white part). Slice the orange along the membrane, the orange has sectioned it out for you… just follow it’s directions.
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper and season to taste.