1 spaghetti squash
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
1/3 cup grated pecorino romano (plus more for topping)
1/2 cup grated parmesan (more of this for topping as well)
- preheat oven to 350
- cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, put the olive oil, salt, and pepper on the cut side
- place both sides cut side down on a baking sheet and put in oven for 45- 60 mins. when a fork goes into the squash easily, it is done.
- once the squash is out of the oven, turn it cut face up and let it cool for a minute (if the squash is pipping hot you have a good change of burning yourself when scraping out the insides..)
- use a fork to scrape out all the ‘meat’ of the squash and place it in a big mixing bowl
- put 1 tbsp of butter in a pan and melt butter, add pepper and saute for 1 minute.
- add 1/4 cup water to pan and the rest of the butter and stir until butter melts and the sauce thickens (approx 30 mins)
- add spaghetti squash and cheese to the pot and mix until cheese is melted and everything is well combined.
- Put the mixture back onto your baking sheet and top with more pecorino romano and parmesan. place back in the oven on broil and bake until cheese begins to brown (it goes quick so keep a close eye on it)
- serve and top with salt and more pepper!