*ridiculously delicious potatoes from the horse powered Channing Brothers Farm in Twisp WA
1 can coconut milk (we dig the native forest simple coconut milk.. no guar gum, definite plus)
½ cup veggie stock (big fan of frontier veggie stock- in the bulk spice section)
1 tsp liquid aminos (solid alternative to soy sauce)
3 tbls yellow curry paste (MAE PLOY all the way! No need to use any other curry paste ever in your whole life. We adore mae ploy.)
2 tbls coconut oil
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup poblano pepper,diced
1 cup purple potato, cubed (bite size pieces)
⅔ cup cauliflower, bite sized pieces
⅔ cup diakon, cubed (bite sized)
⅔ cup broccolette, bite sized
⅔ cup carrots, cubed (bite sized)
2 tbsp garlic, chopped
2 tbsp ginger, chopped
Basil and cilantro to top
The best way I have found to make this curry is to chop all your veggies first. Then you can just throw things in as you go.. No need to rush around trying to chop quickly and risk losing a finger.. So…
- Chop all your veggies!
- Get a big soup pot and add coconut oil, onions and potatoes. Sauté for 2 mins.
- Add peppers, cauliflower, daikon, broccolette, carrots and sauté for another 3 mins.
- Stir in garlic and ginger for another minute.
- Add coconut milk, veggie stock, liquid aminos, and curry paste. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low and simmer until veggies are soft- about 10 mins.
- Top with lime juice and chopped cilantro and basil.
- We like to put curry over quinoa, rice, or millet!
*if the curry sits over night it allows the flavors to marinate and is even better the second day… make a big pot on monday and eat it throughout the week.. It only gets better..